Welcome to the Real-Internet dot Org!
- We believe Internet access to every individual on this planet will enable the poor/unconnected easy access to communication, education, healthcare and jobs
- We also believe in Net Neutrality
How does it work?
- We don’t approve your apps or site. Its your stuff, you do what you have to do
- We won’t enforce that you adhere to our guidelines (since our guidelines may change from time to time)
- We don’t act as a proxy for all user accesses performed using the Internet platform
- We won’t lobby to permit differential pricing by telecom providers in your country
- Allow certain bandwidth free of cost to all your subscribers. For starters, exactly the same bandwidth that you might allow internet.org users.
- Allow your subscribers to access any content that is legally allowed.
- Provide small-enough incremental bandwidth steps that subscribers can pay for, if they spill over. Over 50% of people who use free internet pay for data and access the broader internet within 30 days (Source: internet.org).
- Scrap zero-rating or differential pricing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your program isn’t doing shit, how does this benefit Internet adoption for the poor?
- Ok let’s say we (a) start acting as a proxy, and (b) start enforcing guidelines for participating app/sites. You think these 2 changes benefit the purpose? What gives?